|Town of Archer Lodge|
A Masonic Lodge named Archer No. 157 was established by the Grand Lodge of Ancient, Free, and Accepted Masons of North Carolina on December 6, 1854, at what was then known as Creachville. In 1865, the lodge building was razed and the charter destroyed by Gen. William T. Sherman's Union army on their way to Raleigh. The Lodge received a new charter after the war, but a clerical error resulted in a misnumeration, and it was designated Archer Lodge No. 165.
The community has had several Post Offices over the years. The first was called Creachville, and it existed from 1851-1866. This was followed by Archer Lodge (1877-1896). Finally, it was known as Archer, from 1896-1912. After 1912, the area was covered by either the Clayton or Wendell Post Offices.
The people of Archer Lodge voted on November 3rd, 2009 to make Archer Lodge a town. The vote was certified one week later. The Archer Lodge community is one of the fastest growing areas of Johnston County. A new middle school, Archer Lodge Middle School, opened in 2007 and the new high school, Corinth Holders High School, opened its doors in 2010 just outside of the community.
The most significant landmark in the community is C.E. Barnes Store. This store has been in operation for over 150 years. The old Masonic Lodge used to be located right next door. The building that used to be the boarding house for the teachers at Archer Lodge School still stands next to the ball park and is being used as a private residence. White Oak Baptist Church stands at the heart of the community. The church used to be known as the Archer Lodge Missionary Baptist Church, but changed its name when it moved to its current location under a stand of white oak trees.
For more information on the Town Government and community links - visit the official town website: